When I was young I always thought that cooking was hard. Since I live by myself I have been forced to learn how to cook and surprised to learn it is not big deal.
Do not misunderstand me – I am by no means a home chef. I am a chubby guy who loves food and is only now learning about how to prepare special diets and the concept of healthy eating. I used to think that healthy recipes couldn´t be that delicious.
Last Friday for Valentine’s Day, Jhoana, one of the members of Tisano’s Team decided to make some lovely healthy treats for our team: Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups with hearts shapes.
I was preparing the Presidents Day Newsletter when she began melting the chocolate and suddenly the entire office was impregnated with the addictive sweet and delicious chocolate aroma. I could not resist the chocolate scent.
Once or twice I was tempted to put my finger in it, but she wouldn’t let me near the melting batch of chocolate. She said I could only have one if I helped make them and luckily for me I learnt a new recipe and go to enjoy some scrumptious peanut butter cups.
This is what she did:
- Melted 16oz of organic dark chocolate by putting it in a small pot over a larger pot with hot water (this she explained was called a bain marie)
- Poured the melted chocolate into some cute cupcake silicone baking cups, and refrigerated them for about half an hour.
- Once the chocolate was hard she melted ½ cup of organic peanut butter let it cool for a couple of minutes and poured it over the silicone baking cups.
- Refrigerated the silicone baking cups for 30 minutes while she melted the chocolate again.
- After the peanut butter was hard, she poured the chocolate that was left into the baking cups and refrigerate them again.
- Half an hour later…Voila! This delicious treats was ready to enjoy!
To my surprise this recipe was easy enough for me! I could not believe it was that easy, tasty and organic.
- 16 Oz dark organic chocolate
- ½ cup fresh ground organic peanut butter
- A little Love