Are you ready for Halloween?! One of the reasons why Halloween is such a fun holiday is because it gives us some fun opportunities to get creative. Whether it’s designing the perfect costume, turning your home into a haunted mansion, or creating creepy and terrifying treats for your guests, Halloween gives us a chance to get our creative brain going flowing.
Here’s an example of what we can create with our Tisano Cacao Powder and a little bit of creativity!
TOTAL TIME: 1:30
YIELD: 12 cupcakes
The chocolate and pumpkin cupcake in this festive recipe is enhanced by the creamy hazelnut frosting.
Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
- ⅓ c. cocoa powder
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. fine sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- .13 tsp. ground allspice
- 1⅓ c. brown sugar
- 11 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ c. pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Hazelnut Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 oz. black candy melts
- 12 pointy sugar ice-cream cones
- Black paper cupcake liners
Hazelnut Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package cream cheese
- 2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 c. confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ c. hazelnut chocolate cream spread
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl to combine. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and pumpkin puree, and beat to combine. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture, and beat until well combined.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Divide mixture among prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Microwave candy melts in a heat-proof bowl on high for 30 seconds, stirring at 10 second intervals. Use a pastry brush to cover the ice cream cones with the candy melt. Set on baking sheet to dry. Cut a 1 3/4 inch diameter hole in the center of a paper cupcake liner. Place over candy-coated ice-cream cone to form the brim of the witch’s hat.
- Frost cupcakes with Hazelnut Cream Cheese Frosting. Top each with a witch’s hat.
- To make the Hazelnut Cream Cheese Frosting: Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat until light and fluffy using the whisk attachment of an electric mixer.