|Cacao Cookies in Applesauce||
Recipe Type: Desserts
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 70 cookies
- 1 Cup shortening
- 2 eggs beaten thoroughly
- 3/4 cup plain cocoa powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Baking powder as required
- 3/4 cup artificial sweetener
- 4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon well-ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda for crispness
- 2 cups plain applesauce
- Thoroughly mix artificial sweetener and shortening and add the eggs uniformly.
- To this mixture add flour, other dry ingredients mentioned above and applesauce alternately in
- small proportions along with water in the required quantity.
- After the mixture is blended well, sprinkle flour on top of it for crispness.
- Cookie sheets must be greased with shortening and topped with small amounts of the prepared mixture.
- The cookies are then transferred to a oven and baked for 20 minutes at about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
inspired by : http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Applesauce-Cocoa-Cookies/Detail.