|Banana and Cocoa Nib Pancakes||
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 3/4 cups soy milk (might need a bit more)
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed well
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Tisano´s cocoa nibs
- ¾ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Add the wheat flour, white flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl uniformly.
- Transfer the soy milk and vanilla extract into this bowl and blend them well.
- Further add the mashed bananas to the mix.
- Add the cocoa nibs and diced pecans keeping aside small pieces of them for garnishing at the end and make the batter.
- Pour small amounts of the batter on a skillet under medium heat. Heat the batter till bubbles form on top of the batter.
- Continue cooking both sides till it goes brown.
- You can garnish the cooked batter with maple syrup, remaining cocoa nibs and pecans and serve them hot.
inspired by : http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=24414.0