|Almond Chocolate Tea Custard||
Recipe Type: Cacao Tea Desserts
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Creative dessert recipe using Tisano Cacao Tea
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tb Tisano chocolate tea
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel (orange part only)
- Whole, natural California Almonds to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bring almond milk to a boil; steep tea 4-5 minutes or until a desired tea flavor is reached.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, whites, sugar and salt in a medium bowl until blended. Very gradually whisk hot milk mixture into egg mixture and stir until sugar is dissolved. If lumps appear, strain mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl or pitcher. Stir in orange zest.
- Divide mixture between 6 ramekins or tea cups and bake in a water bath until set but still a bit jiggly when shaken, 50-60 minutes. Let cool, then wrap and chill for at least 4 hours. Garnish with almonds and serve.